Student Account Changes Effective Summer / Fall 2019
1. How are Temple University bills issued?
The Bursar’s Office issues balance due notifications by e-mail to students and their Authorized Payers when there is a balance due on the student account for currently registered students. Students and Authorized Payers are directed to access TUpay to view the balance due and the due date listed in TUpay View & Pay Accounts.
2. When are bills issued? What is the due date schedule?
If you are registered, balance due notifications will begin mid-July for Fall and early December for Spring. The full due date schedule is available at http://bursar.temple.edu/billing/billing-schedule.
3. When is my bill issued if I register after the first bill for the semester is generated?
Newly registered students with a balance are sent a balance due notification email for the first time on the Monday following their initial registration date.
4. What is the Deferred Payment Plan and how does it work?
For the fall and spring semesters, students that do not pay the total account balance will be automatically enrolled in the University’s Deferred Payment Plan. The Deferred Payment Plan provides additional time to pay your balance. Students will be assessed a $50 non-refundable payment plan fee each semester if the total account balance is not paid by the semester due date. Students do not have to sign up for this payment plan.
5. What address should I mail by check payment to?
The check should be made payable in US dollars to Temple University and include the student’s TUid number on the memo line of the check. It should be mailed to:
Temple University Bursar’s Office
1803 North Broad Street
115 Carnell Hall (040-13)
Philadelphia, PA 19122
Please allow 7-10 days for mail receipt and processing.
6. How do I print a copy of my bill for myself or someone else (employer, sponsor, state agency, etc.)?
Temple provides a printable student account statement with an official University seal. To access the printable student account statement, follow the steps below:
• Go to https://tuportal.temple.edu
• Enter your TU username and password
• Select the “Costs and Aid” tab
• Printable Student Account Statement is an option under Student Account
Select the term from the drop down box and select which transaction type(s) you need: charges, payments and/or anticipated financial aid.