The Bursar's Office only issues electronic bill statements (e-bills) for currently registered students. Paper bills will not be mailed.
Bill notifications are sent to a student's official Temple University e-mail account and bills are available to be viewed in TUpay.
Billing Schedule / Information
Registered students with a balance due will be issued an e-bill statement in accordance with the billing schedule. Find out when tuition bills are issued and due.
TUpay - Online Billing
TUpay is Temple University’s official online billing and payment system. Students can access their e-bill statement, view their current balance, create authorized payers and can make online payments through TUpay.
Financial Aid on the Bill
Financial aid awards appear as anticipated aid on the bill and will reduce the amount due. Make sure you have accepted loan awards.
Temple University can bill an outside organization/company for all or a portion of a student's tuition and/or fees. Special arrangements must be made in advance with the Bursar's Office.
Financial Responsibility Agreement
Prior to looking up classes or registering for the first time each semester, students must agree to the financial terms and conditions associated with course registration.
Past Due Accounts Past due accounts can result in late fees, financial holds and being referred to collections. Find out more about past due accounts.
Students can access TUpay through TUportal.
- Go to tuportal.temple.edu.
- Enter your TU username and password (the Acccessnet information you enter to access your Temple e-mail account).
- Select Costs and Aid
- Select TUpay
If you forget your Accessnet password, contact the Computer Services Help Desk at 215-204-8000.
How to Authorize a Payer
If a student would like to authorize a parent or another individual as a payer, access TUpay by following the steps above.
Once in TUpay, follow these steps to authorize a payer:
1. Select "Authorize Payers"
2. Click the "Add New" button
3. Enter the authorized payers’ name & e-mail address
4. Create a password for the authorized payer and click "Add"
Once a student has created an authorized payer in TUpay, that individual can access TUpay by following the steps below:
- Go to the Temple TUpay site
- Select Authorized Payer
- Login with the Login Name and Password that your Student Created
Explanation of TUpay Menu Options
Within TUpay, both students and authorized payers have access to several services:
- Message Board – important information such as billing dates and other key dates will be posted here.
- Payment Profiles – establish payment profiles to make future payments with the same bank account or credit card. When you have a payment profile, you do not need to re-enter credit card or bank account information.
- Student Choice Refunds – access the refund system to check the status of your refund or sign-up for direct deposit.
- Authorize Payers – authorize others (i.e., parents) to view and pay your account.
- User Preferences – add a secondary e-mail address for notifications and update your notification preferences.
- View & Pay Accounts – 3 options exist within this menu option:
- Make Payment: remit payment by electronic check or credit card. There is no convenience fee for e-check payments while credit card payments are subject to a 2.75% convenience fee assessed by our third party payment processor.
- Current Account Activity: review your current balance and a real-time view of your student account, including any new charges and payments posted since the bill. You can also view your updated anticipated financial aid.
- Statement Information: view your latest billing statement along with your billing statement history. You can also print a PDF statement.
- Transaction History – view or print receipts for payments made through TUpay.
- TSC1098-T – access your 1098T tax form.
Explanation of Student Account Menu Options
Within Self-Service Banner, students have access to several student account services:
- TUpay – access TUpay.
- Account Summary by Term – view a breakdown of transactions and account balance by term.
- View Holds – view active holds on your student record.