The Bursar's Office issues balance due notifications by e-mail to students and their Authorized Payers when there is a balance due on the student account. The e-mail notifications are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to a student’s official Temple University e-mail account and the e-mail account of the Authorized Payer in TUpay (Temple University’s online student account and payment system).
TUpay is Temple University’s official online student account and payment system. Students can access their student account, view their current balance, create authorized payers and can make online payments through TUpay.
How to Access TUpay
Students can access TUpay through TUportal.
- Go to tuportal.temple.edu
- Enter your TU username and password (the Accessnet information you enter to access your Temple e-mail account).
- Select Costs and Aid
- Select TUpay
If you forget your Accessnet password, contact the Computer Services Help Desk at 215-204-8000.
How to Authorize a Payer
If a student would like to authorize a parent or another individual as a payer, access TUpay by following the steps above.
Once in TUpay, follow these steps to authorize a payer:
- Select "Authorize Payers"
- Click the "Add New" button
- Enter the authorized payers’ name & e-mail address and click “Save”
- The Authorized Payer will receive an email with login instructions
An Authorized Payer has access to all of the same information in TUpay as the student and receives an e-mail notification each time a balance due email notification is sent for the student. An Authorized Payer can review the student account in TUpay as well as make an online payment.
Once a student has created an authorized payer in TUpay, that individual can access TUpay by following the steps below:
- Go to the Temple TUpay site
- Select Authorized Payer
- Login with the login name and password
Explanation of TUpay Menu Options
Within TUpay, both students and authorized payers have access to several services:
- Message Board – important information will be posted here.
- Payment Profiles – establish payment profiles to make future payments with the same bank account or credit card. When you have a payment profile, you do not need to re-enter credit card or bank account information.
- Student Choice Refunds – access the refund system to check the status of your refund or sign-up for direct deposit.
- Authorize Payers – authorize others (i.e., parents) to view and pay your account.
- User Preferences – add a secondary e-mail address for notifications and update your notification preferences.
- View & Pay Accounts – 2 options exist within this menu option:
- Make Payment: remit payment by electronic check or credit card. There is no convenience fee for e-check payments while credit card payments are subject to a 2.75% convenience fee assessed by our third party payment processor.
- Current Account Activity: review your current balance and a real-time view of your student account, including any new charges and payments posted. You can also view your updated anticipated financial aid.
- Transaction History – view or print receipts for payments made through TUpay.
- TSC1098-T – access your 1098T tax form.